Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Make 'n' Tell Challenge Day 9: Copper and Glass

Last fall I purchased some amazing copper findings (among other things) at the Fraser Valley Bead Show, in Langley, British Columbia. Despite good intentions, I haven't used them yet. From time to time I take them out... to admire, but quickly put them away. Incorporating copper into one of my designs has proven to be challenging.... I tend to gravitate towards all things silver!

So I thought, GREAT! for my first project I'll finally use those copper findings!

I have made 2 sets of lampwork glass beads, using light apple green and cosmic storm glass, and multicolour crushed glass (frit).



Today I picked out some coordinating Swarovski crystals and seed beads to use in my design. Let the fun begin!

2 comments:

  1. oh, i LOVE these colours. And the 'Cosmic Storm' glass looks really cool!

    Yaay! Your first day, and you're off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed that you make your own beads. Maybe that sounds silly, but I've always been more of a buy-the-beads kind of girl.

    ReplyDelete